Running

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

So my big wish was for us to have a tradition of getting to go pumpkin picking as a family every year. So this year since we were in a new place I told Matt that I just wanted to go somewhere that we could pick our own pumpkins right off the vine. Well, we searched and this farms website said you can pick pumpkins. As you will see my idea and their idea of picking pumpkins is way different. So we didn't get to pick them from the vine, but we did get some apples from the trees and got to pick out some nice hot cider donuts and cold cider to top it off. Thanks to our friends the Christens for coming with us. We had a blast!Our group minus Matt
LL and MJ picked their pumpkins off the ground from the big bunch of pumpkins, okay I'll drop it now, I really am over it.
LL riding the horse tire swing, and look dirty knees. She really does take after me, right mom!
MJ and Mason take their turns on the swings
MJ and Mason checking out the chickens
look at those poor wasted apples in the ditch, it made me sad, I just wished that they were all eaten ones and not nice juicy looking ones
then walking down the rows and seeing all the apples under the trees. I know it's late in the season so some start to fall off, but how many were just wasted?! I know you can tell I'm from Washington State and miss apples
Also being late in the season meant sending someone up the tree for apples that we couldn't reach, and you are asking why didn't they get a ladder. Now that is a good question, but we wouldn't have these great pictures of Matt in the tree if we would have thought of that.

Family Hay Ride
Heather, Mason and Nick on the hay ride
What are they looking at?
yes, that's right the cider donuts being made fresh, YUMMMMMMM!
Mason was helping us keep track of LL while we were getting cider and donuts
MJ enjoying a donut
LL licking the sugar/cinnamon off her hands

2 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Looks like lots of fun. Bummer that you did not get to pick them off the vine. I love the pick of your family on the hay ride. The trees behind you are beautiful. I bet the colors there are gorgeous now. Enjoy them for me. All I see is brown!

Deborah said...

Well, Dawn I share the same wish for pumpkin picking. At least you didn't settle for Walmart pumpkins like we did! What a fun outing!

Site Meter