Running

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rain or Shine...

We decided even though a big rain storm was coming that we would go to Harvard, MA and go to Carlson Orchards to pick some apples. Then to Old Mill Restaurant in Westminster, MA. We lucked out big time and it rained the whole way there then stopped just in time for us to pick apples and started up again as we were getting into the car. If anyone hasn't been to the Old Mill and lives out here, it is a must see/eat place. We loved it! And so did the girls. Click here for more pictures.
This is where we stopped for cider donuts, but they didn't have any. Thanks Matt for sacrificing yourself in the rain for our tummies. Too, bad they didn't have any:(
picking yummy apples
MJ getting her first apple off the tree
"say apples" so of course LL goes for one in the bag instead
LL's first apples off the tree
playing in the apples crates
and of course Matt couldn't leave with out trying their fresh apples crisp
Old Mill's waterfall
stopping on the bridge for a picture

9 comments:

ALC Wedding Photography said...

are you going to make some of that yummy apple pie of yours? or apple crisp? do you have a good recipe for apple crisp you would be willing to share?

Dawn said...

I thought about apple pie or crisp, but I don't like cooked apples and I'm being selfish, I really just want the nice juicy apples for myself. Oh well, I guess Matt and the girls can have one too.

littlest said...

a little bit jealous of the apple picking! looks like so much fun. and i think i could use a slice of your apple pie...

Sweet Em said...

Wow! Those falls ARE beautiful! Looks like fun.

Julie said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you and the girls are enjoying Boston.

Amy G. said...

I can't believe how gorgeous the waterfall pictures are. And I can't believe I live in a desert.

Sarah said...

That waterfall looks absolutely gorgeous! And the whole outing looks really fun.

Yes, my friend Audrey did take Tasha's pictures...Tasha is actually in our ward and Audrey used to be until she moved. It is a small world.

Jen Gillespie said...

Hey guys. I was looking on Scott and Sarah's blog and saw a comment from Dawn. Looks like you guys are doing great. Congrats on the upcoming baby. I didn't search on your blog long enough to find out what you are having. Good luck!

Heather said...

So glad you guys got to go!! I love, love, love Carlson Orchards!

Site Meter