Running

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Friends Visiting

We were so lucky to have some friends come visit us. Brady and Nicole came out from Utah to see Boston and New York, and I'm dumb and didn't get a picture of them here, but then three days later Brad came to visit from New York. We had so much fun showing off our new love, Boston!
Swan boats in the Public Garden, okay so if you have never been to Boston or ever read Make Way for Ducklings you are missing out. Go to the library and get it to read to your kids and if you don't have kids tell the librarian you do. It's super cute and after that you can come visit us and go where the ducks go. It's one of the girls favorite things to do in Boston.
This is all of us on the Swan Boat, oh and that is why I take the pictures, then you don't have to see my big belly blocking everyone else on the boat:)
silly faces on the Make Way for Ducklings statues
Matt, LL and MJ squeeze onto Mrs. Mallard
We decided to take our friends to a different place that isn't on the Freedom Trail called Beacon Hill, but it is a must see here in Boston. Oh and this is a picture of John Kerry's house. I felt like the paparazzi.And this is something I learned in New England. A lot of these older homes have these on the front steps leading into the house. It's a boot/shoe scraper. Pretty cool for a country girl that use to just use the edge of a step, that was probably way too much info about my past.

2 comments:

So many blogs..too little time said...

I know, we totally should have gotten pics of all of us. All well, next time:)

Heather said...

Ahh... memories... Every time we had friends come to town, it usually included a tour of Boston, hosted by my Dad as tour guide. Right before my brother got married, we took my sister-in-law and her family on a walking tour of Boston and Dad had to work that day. So my sister and I loaded ourselves with maps (we'd always just followe Dad on foot) and pretended like we knew what we were doing. It was great! I especially love that last picture. Oh! Have you guys spent lots of time in the North End yet? We love Pagluici's restaurant, though I hear their prices are going up.

Site Meter