Running

Monday, September 8, 2008

Tourists and frogs?

We played tourists last week. We took a fun trip to Quincy, MA to see all the John Adams stuff there. Then took a fun trip to Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, MA. I know I know you are thinking how can a Cemetery be fun? But if you have been to this one you know what I mean. It is huge and has a nice big pond in the middle with hundreds of frogs and usually ducks. John Adams Birthplace
John Quincy Adams Birthplace, just a few feet from John Adams birthplace and this house is actually older then the first picture, I know doesn't look like it but it's like 20 years difference.

John Adams Personal Library, the inside was just as nice as the outside.
Mt. Auburn Cemetery Pond. What are they looking at?
oh!
Now let's see how long it takes us to catch one. I don't know if they frown upon this or not, but it's too late now.
It took us 15 minutes at least to catch it. We finally caught the little guy in a bread sack.
Right after I took this picture the frog jumped up on MJ's neck. She froze and had this real look of terror, then it jumped off and she giggled saying that it tickled her neck.

3 comments:

Sweet Em said...

I am completely infatuated with John Adams and LOVED LOVED LOVED the NPS tour!

Funny about MJ and the Frog.

Robyn Baird said...

I think it is so great you take the girls to the coolest places. I hope when they get older they realize how lucky they are.

Deborah said...

Cute! I wish I could've seen MJ's face! You guys have so much fun!

Site Meter