Running

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mess Monster take 2

So the Mess Monster has struck again. I thought it was going to be a normal day of laundry, but to my surprise when the whites came out of the dryer they all had nice blueish purple splotches on them. I almost cried it was a mess. Then my cute girl McKenna came over and said don't cry mom it's okay. I'm sorry. But that's just it. We don't know who did it or what it really was. I am guessing a crayon got dropped in the laundry and melted in the dryer and on all the clothes. I couldn't find any sign of a marker or pen anywhere. That pesky monster! I thought we were back to Tye-dyed clothes.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my heavens....do you know what I did one time when that happened to one of Barrett's dress shirts? (Running it with bleach first didn't quite get it out, so I was desperate) I put it on the stove in a pot of boiling water! And it WORKED! My house was hot and I felt like Cinderella....or maybe her stepmother, but hey, I saved the shirt!

Leah Miller said...

Oh no! Did you ever get the blue stuff to come out?

Dawn said...

I took Nicole's advice and sorry to say it didn't work. I got mad that I had them just sitting around and reminding me of the mess monster so I threw them away a couple hours ago. Now we have to go get a white shirt for Matt before sunday. Both of his where in that load, oops!

ALC Wedding Photography said...

awww you poor thing! You're so brave for not crying. Andy did that to me once right after I went shopping for new clothes so all my new clothes were in that load and he left a pen in his pockets and it went all over the clothes. It was the biggest waste of $100 dollars ever! Now I double check to make sure there's nothing in his pockets.

Lee said...

We had that happen once. All over Little Man's brand new clothes. I washed it again. Took rubbing alcohol and cleaned the dryer good. I am so sorry!!!Good for you for taking pictures!

Site Meter