Running

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hershey, PA

Happy Birthday Lily! Yes we felt bad that we couldn't celebrate Lily's birthday properly, but we did go to Hershey Park and Chocolate World. One is a theme park and the other is tour of the Hershey chocolate (not the real one) factory. And what better way to spend your birthday then eating chocolate. We had so much fun and couldn't believe all that the girls wanted to do. Here is Lily showing off her walking skills. Mad skills!

Matt and McKenna on the last ride of the day, I love the blown away look of McKenna's hair.


McKenna loved this ride, I couldn't believe it because I thought it was pretty fast for her age.

Here is the infamous Hershey Kiss, McKenna wouldn't stop talking about it when we saw the statue on the top of the chocolate world building and then we finally saw it and she didn't want anything to do with the Kiss. I just wanted one pictures and she cried. So it was a solo photo shoot for the Kiss!

Another good story. We heard that they put in a new water park part to Hershey Park and brought our swim suits so we could go swim. But Matt didn't think he would get wet so McKenna and I put on our suits while Matt watched Lily as she slept in the stroller. After McKenna and I did our first trip out she wanted daddy to come out and he tried not get wet but alas he failed. His comment was that, "some other kid got me wet."

Yes I am soaked but I had my swim suit on under my shirt!

Notice how big Lily's diaper is. I had her in the water for just a second after she woke up and she loved it, but I didn't take the time to put on a little swimmer, poor decision on my part.
In Hershey Park you could go to a zoo called Zoo America. It is a zoo of all north American animals so there wasn't anything special, but McKenna really liked the bear. We went into the room where the water is and all I could see was some really big catfish, so of course I said McKenna come over here and see the fish, she was trying to get me to come over to a different part of the water tank to see something. Then finally I looked and there was the bear. Smart girl probably thought come on mom get it together we wanted to see the bear not giant catfish.
Cute picture of McKenna at the hotel in Harrisburg, PA.


Singing cows in Chocolate World tour.

Matt and Lily on Chocolate World tour.
Now this ends the tour of our Hershey trip.

3 comments:

Brandon & JaNell Purcell Family Blog said...

I like how you are sporting the new facial hair. What happend to McKenna's forehead?

Dawn said...

McKenna has a "falling out of the bed" problem. We line the floor with pillows around her bed normally. However, while in Philly, she was sleeping on a little mattress directly on the concrete floor--so we didn't put pillows on the floor. Of course, she fell off the mattress and bonked her head.

Robyn Baird said...

What a great vacation! Looks like so much fun. Your girls are adorable!

Site Meter