Running

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rain or 10K?

Why not both! So I ran in the Richmond Monument 10K race this morning. It rained the whole time, well all up until we got back to our car after the race. I was just glad that it was pretty warm outside or it would have been the worst race ever. I did good and had fun. I have never seen so many people in one place for a race. 30,000 people enter this race each year. The best part is watching someone that is dressed up run by (okay not really fun watching them in an uncomfortable costume and still beating you). The best one I saw was a group of ladies in aerobics clothes old school ones and leg warmers with a guy dressed like Richard Simmons.and as you can see the girls had a blast too. Our long walk back to the car must have been the topper. They were both out cold. Cute tired girls.

10 comments:

Trixie said...

nice job!! you failed to mention your time:) The people in costumes make the race worth running! or at least relieve the monotony.

Heather said...

I'm always amazed at people that can run. Daron and I are supposed to be in a 5 mile charity walk for his firm this month and being so pregnant, I'm hoping I can make it! You look great, by the way!

Sarah said...

Way to go, Dawn! Did you push the stroller the whole way?

Julie said...

Man, you're tough! Nice work. I'm pleased to report that last week I exercised for the first time in, um, a long time. But now you've definitely inspired me!

Dawn said...

Okay so I didn't push the stroller. Matt had it on the sidelines. And my finish time was
1:07:34, which was better then my predicted time, so I am happy with that.

Nicole said...

How did I not know you were doing this? Nice job Dawn! Maybe I should run?

Sarah said...

Well, whether or not you pushed the stroller or not, that is awesome! I have been training for a 10K in May and my training has slipped a little. So you have inspired me to keep going.

nelsonjeneen said...

Congrats Dawn! I think that is such an awesome achievement. I wish I could eventually do something close to that.
Jill

Amy G. said...

ok, i was going to be REALLY impressed if you ran with the girls. now i'm just really impressed to find you ran a 10K in an hour! i'm running a 5K this weekend that I will be happy to finish in an hour!

KP said...

Am I correct in assuming you pushed that giant stroller with those little but still dead weight passengers for an entire 10K?!! You are crazy girl. Cool, astounding even, but...yeah, definitely crazy.

Still, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Site Meter