Running

Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Hero!

Matt and Zach ran in the Richmond, VA Marathon today. After 26.2 miles they are still alive and doing well. Good job guys.
Here is how Terra and I traveled from one party zone to the next. The kids did great, and I am grateful that McKenna was good with holding Rachel on her lap.

Here's the other stroller. Oh and they were so good, especially in these pictures because this was our first stop at mile 7.


Here is a chipper picture of Matt at mile 7.

Here is the back of Zach, we said he was so fast that we could only get the back of him (he's in the black shorts and white shirt.

Here is a blurry picture of Matt at mile 26. He's not so chipper but still running, which was a good sign. Sorry Zach we didn't get a picture of you running.

McKenna was so excited for her Daddy to be running in a race. Here's the sign we made and held up for Matt at the end of the race.

Here are the two guys after all was said and done. And the are still smiling! Good Job Guys!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I am super impressed. I guess that paying the entrance fee really was enough motivation for him to do it :) That is seriously awesome!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm impressed. I like to think that making you run at 6 AM in the smoggy streets of La Louviere had something to do with your success. You finished in first place, right?

Dawn said...

Of course our running around the stadium of La Louviere had something to do with it. In all honesty, that was the first time in my life I got up early to go running! Sadly enough, I did not finish in first place. In fact, I finished # 1832 (4 hours, 12 minutes)--just good enough to be in the top half. Or, the cynic in me would point out that 1831 people beat me to the finish line!
- Matt

Tasha Coltrin said...

That is so awesome Matt. Way to go. There is no way I could run that many miles!! I am very impressed!!!

Trixie said...

Sean and I are impressed!! We had no idea that Matt was even thinking about running that far. Dawn, I don't remember you evern mentioning that he went running that much.

littlest said...

go matt!!! jess and i are so impressed! k...i can't even imagine running that long so props to you!

Site Meter